For those who are familiar with the beautiful countryside, mountains, brooks and streams, dense woods and forests, of Ulster County, New York, we don’t have to explain why the Bed and Breakfast Industry is so popular with the people who visit this area. Thousands of visitors who visit the Ulster County attractions, recreational options, hamlets and small communities know well of the wonderful hometown feeling one receives from the local residents, especially when stopping by one of the popular ulster county bed & breakfast establishments.
Ulster County is known for its small communities and the hiking, fishing, camping, the Hudson cruises, waterfront dining, great antique stores, fantastic specialty foods, arts and culture, music and a very vibrant and creative group of residents in each town and hamlet throughout the County. Each small community has it’s own unique history and offers unique shops, food, services and lodging options. One of the most famous and popular towns in the County is Woodstock which is an ‘arts and music’ oriented community. This town puts on many different events during the summers that draw 1000s to the area. One of the towns nearest neighbors, New Paltz has become famous for it great rock climbing and for the ‘State University at New Paltz’ education opportunities. New Paltz also has the oldest street in America. Phoenicia, a small town nearby, has some of the greatest fly fishing in all of the State of New York. Kingston was New York’s first Capital and has become a shopping paradise making it a major travel destination, along with its Rondout waterfront that offers cruises on the Hudson River, and fantastic waterfront dining and its specialty foods. The small town of Saugerties is another waterfront community that has become a mecca for antiques. Highland and Lloyd provide the entrance and access to the newly opened ‘Walkway Across the Hudson’, the first linear State Park in the U.S. where you can walk from Ulster County to Dutchess County and experience the breathtaking views and wonders of the mighty Hudson River. In Ulster County you can experience everything wonderful and beautiful that’s here for everyone to take advantage of. Beautiful scenery, lush forests, majestic mountains, streams and rivers, art and culture, music, good food, and a lively creative resident population has made this County one of the most visited of any County located anywhere. More than a quarter million acres of land are protected for recreational use. There are 35 peaks, the highest being Slide Mountain at 4180 feet. There are 350 miles of hiking and biking trails, downhill, and cross country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating and miles of streams. The Hudson River provides cruises, kayaking, canoeing and sailing with access from many locations.
When traveling anywhere in Ulster County, you will find lodging in the ulster county bed & breakfasts establishments that are perfectly located at some of the most popular and visited towns and communities. Our County’s popular attractions are easily reached by bus or auto via the New York Thruway and other major traveled roads on both sides of the Hudson. All along these roads and highways are wonderful and friendly bed and breakfast lodging options. Thousands of visitors make a point to stay at a bed and breakfast when visiting the small towns and communities in Ulster County and The Hudson Valley.
An example of some of the Bed and Breakfast cozy lodging that’s available are:
- Wallkill: Audrey’s Farmhouse 895-3440
- Milton: Anning Smith Guest House 795-2529
- Stone Ridge: Bakers B&B 687-9795, Deerfield Inn 687-9807, Kripplebush B&B 687-0723, Sparrow Hawk 687-4492, The Inn at Stone Ridge 687-0736
- Saugerties: Bed By the Stream 246-2979, Blue Mountain Lodge 246-8711, Evergreen Country Inn 247-0015, Highwood House 246-3733, Upsairs at Café Tomayo 246-9371, Walter’s Solway House 246-4021
- Pine Hill: Birch Creek B&B 254-5222
- Highland: Black Creek Cottage 883-6446, Fox Hill B&B 691-8151
- West Camp: Bluestone Country Manor 246-3060
- High Falls: Captain Schoonmakers 687-7946, Locktender Cottage 687-7700
- Lake Hill: Chez Renee 679-7148, Ivy Farm Inn 679-9045
- Kingston: Cordt’s Mansion 331-3921, Miss Gussie Bug 389-8257, Rondout 331-2369
- Olivebridge: Dream House 657-2004, Mt Tremper: Fatima’s B&B 425-4793, Mount Tremper Inn 688-5260, Rainbow Lodge 688-7761
- Highmount: Gateway Lodge 254-4084, West Shokan: Haus Ellisa 657-6277
- New Paltz: Jingle Bell Farm 255-6588, Mountain Meadows 255-6144, Nana’s B&B 255-5678
- Woodstock: Majestic Mountain View Inn 679-2481, Manette Van Hamel 679-5854, Morning Glory 679-3208, Northlight Studio 679-7839, Parnassus Square 679-5078, Twin Gables Guest House 679-9479, Woodstock Inn on the Millstream 679-8211
- Chichester: Maplewood B&B 688-5260
- Boiceville: The Mountain House 657-6233
- Clintondale: Orchard House 883-6136, Phoenicia: Ramblebrook House 688-5784
- Ulster Park: Rennie’s 331-5560
- Gardiner: Schaible’s Serendipity 255-5667
- Hurley: Twin Lakes Lodge 338-0007
- Other B&Bs: Big Indian Springs B&B 254-5905
Good traveling and Enjoy !
See our very own Ulster County Living Video below!
Taft Street Realty, Inc.